Some of the most exciting graphic design trends of the next five years include dynamic, immersive experiences; minimalism and gradients; and natural materials. From bold colors to hyper-realistic graphics to fluid interaction, there’s a lot that graphic designers can learn from these emerging trends.
1. Dark Designs
Dark designs have been around for several years, but they are not just a trend. Dark designs are a way of life and not simply limited to websites or other digital media. Dark design is more than just the use of dark colors; it’s about creating moods and feelings through imagery and typography.
In addition to being used on the web, dark design can also be applied to print projects such as brochures or posters.
2. Gradients and Filters
Gradients are used to create a visual effect, and they can be used in many different ways. They can be used to make a design look more professional, or they can be used to add color and texture to an otherwise plain background. Gradients are also great for creating text pop-outs, which will give your designs an extra punch of personality!
As we’ve mentioned before, gradients are one of the most popular graphic design trends right now because they give designers so much flexibility when it comes time for them to create their own unique pieces of work. The best thing about this trend is that there aren’t any rules when it comes down
3. Hyper-Realistic Graphics
- Hyper-realistic graphics are a great way to stand out from the crowd.
- They can create a sense of urgency or drama, as in this example:
- They can also be used to create a sense of fun and playfulness, like this example:
- Finally, hyper-realistic graphics can be used to create realism in your work (you may have seen this one before):
4. Minimalist Designs
Minimalist designs are clean, simple and easy to read. They require little effort for the user to understand and navigate through. Minimalist websites also load faster than other designs because they don’t have any unnecessary elements that would slow down your site’s load time. This makes them great for mobile devices which have limited screen size and internet connection speeds.
5. Typography Adornments
Adornments are an important part of any design. They can be used to enhance the overall look of a piece, and they can also be used as a way to make text more interesting. There are many different adornments that can be used in typography, including but not limited to:
- Drop shadows
- Inner shadows
- Outer glows
6. Fluid Interactions
Fluid interaction design is a trend that will be seen across all types of digital interfaces. It can be used in websites, apps, or any other digital interface to create a fluid experience for users. Fluid interaction design also refers to the movement of elements on the screen as you interact with them–for example, when you swipe through photos in an app or move around a 3D model on your phone screen. In addition to being used in 2D interfaces like websites and apps (which are already pretty “fluid”), this trend also extends into 3D spaces like virtual reality (VR) environments and augmented reality (AR) experiences where designers need new tools for building interactive objects that behave naturally around us while we’re interacting with them.
7. More Immersive Experiences Than Ever Before
- Immersive experiences are about more than just visuals. They’re about creating an environment that transports you to another place, whether it’s through sound or smell.
- The best way to create an immersive experience is by focusing on every aspect of your design–not just the visual elements, but also the way people interact with them.
- Here are some examples of immersive experiences:
8. Improved User Experience and Design Interfaces
User experience (UX) is the overall experience of a person using a product, system or service. It encompasses all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with the company, its products or services – from initial contact to final disposition.
This means that graphic designers should focus on UX design as well as visual aesthetics when creating websites and apps for their clients. They must understand how users interact with their websites and apps, what they’re trying to accomplish when they use them, what mistakes are made along the way, etc., in order to make sure that users have an enjoyable experience when using these products.
This can be done through various methods such as user testing or participatory design sessions where designers ask questions about how users would like their products designed so they can improve upon them accordingly before launch date.
9. Natural Materials in Design Assets
- Use natural materials in design assets.
- Natural materials can be used to create a more authentic and tactile feel for your designs, as well as adding a sense of realism that can help you convey the message you want to get across.
- Examples of natural materials include wood, stone, fabric and paper–and there are many others! Try experimenting with different types of material as you create new assets for your brand or client’s project.
- How do I use them? There are several ways: You could print out an image on paper then glue it onto another surface (such as cardboard). Or perhaps try carving out shapes from wood or other materials using tools like knives or drills; these products will vary depending on what kind of effect you’re going for!
10. Enhanced Illustration Techniques
Illustrations are used to enhance your design, making it more engaging and memorable. They can be used in many different ways:
- To tell stories
- To create nostalgia (for example, if you’re designing for an older audience)
- To create wonder (if you want people to feel like they’ve been transported into another world)
There are many graphic design trends to follow in the coming years.
Design trends are important to follow for designers, because they can help you stay ahead of the competition. They also give you an opportunity to help your clients by providing them with what they want and need. Finally, design trends are good for business because it allows your company to stand out from others in a crowded field.
In this article we’ll go over some of the most popular graphic design trends for 2019-2023:
The design world is changing, and we’re seeing a new wave of trends emerge. With the rise of technology and new media platforms like virtual reality and augmented reality, designers are beginning to explore how they can use these tools in their work. This has led to new styles of design that incorporate elements from science fiction films or video games with traditional techniques like typography or illustration–and it looks awesome!